copyright © 1998-2008
Durham Arts Council, Inc.
120 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
Services & Amenities
The Durham Arts Council provides a number of amenities and services available when renting space with us.
DAC does not provide in-house catering services.
The cost of using the Catering Center for your event is $150 for evenings & weekends, and $100 for daytime events. You have access to refrigeration, 2 ovens, 2 microwaves, 4 stovetop burners, 2 deep sinks, 2 carts, ice and workspace. Please clean following your event.
Tables and chairs
- 6-foot and/or 8-foot rectangular tables: $3 each (seats 6 to 8 people and 8 to 10 people respectively)*
- 60-inch round tables: $10 each (seats 8 to 9 people)*
- 30-inch cocktail tables: $5 each*
- Cushioned chairs, emerald green: no additional cost*
- DAC does not provide table linen.
- as available
Complimentary Set-up time & break-down time
You are allowed two hours complimentary set-up time before your event to decorate and complete set-ups and one hour complimentary break-down time for clean-up. So you only pay for the hours of your actual event.
Our staff will set up tables and chairs based on your submitted set-up diagram(s).
Miscellaneous items and A/V equipment for rent per event
- Podium: $35
- Pedestals: $25 pair
- Easel: $5
- Liberty Portable professional sound system with wireless microphone and mic stand: $225
- Peavey Messenger Portable low wattage sound system with wired microphone and mic stand: $75
- Upright piano: $25
- Grand piano: $150 (concert tuning service an additional $150)
- LCD projector: $150
- Wi-Fi: Free in all rooms
Additional items may be available upon request!